Our 10-Step Video Production Process
1. Creative Brief: You know you want to make a video, but you don't have any idea what that video is going to look like yet. A few things you might want to consider before calling or emailing: video objectives, target audience, key elements, brand values, etc.
2. Concept Development: We meet in person or via phone to brainstorm and discuss ideas. Example videos are always helpful, even if they're not a perfect match for what you want. Same for scripts and storyboards. But if you don't have these, don't worry! We'll help you figure it out.
3. Proposal / Estimate: When you know what you want, how you want it to look, and what your budget is, we will provide a detailed proposal / estimate for the job. This may include visual, audio and music references. Once you're happy with the proposal we can really get to work.
4. Pre-Production: Here's where it starts to get fun. Depending on what kind of video you're looking for, this stage of pre-production may include script writing, storyboards, casting, locations, props, sets, wardrobe, crew, etc.
5. Shoot: Gather crew, travel to location, direct and shoot video. Crew may include any or all of the following: director, assistant director, videographer, gaffer, boom operator, personal assistant, key grip, talent, wardrobe stylist, makeup artist, craft services, etc. OR, you may only need one videographer. Depends on the video.
6. Rough Edit: Depending on the video, some clients like to see "selects" first (best shots strung together in a rough sequence). If you're editing the video yourself, this may be all you need. Otherwise, we'll get right to the edit. Rough edit may include temporary music, sound, titles, motion graphics, etc.
7. Review Feedback: First of two rounds of client revisions. We're all ears--here's where you get to tell us what you love about the edit, and what you'd like to change.
8. Fine Edit: We take your feedback seriously. Based on your comments we will revise and fine tune all elements of the video, including music, sound, titles, motion graphics, etc.
9. Review approval: Second of two rounds of client revisions. You get another chance to review and provide final feedback on the video.
10. Finish and Delivery: Based on final feedback, we revise and apply finishing touches such as color correction, voice over adjustments, audio mixing, etc. That's it! When we're done, we'll deliver your final video in whatever format you need.